Multifast is an open-source software that provides you with efficient library and tool, to search and manipulate data streams on the fly. It can search for a huge number of strings and replace them in one pass. It contains a tidy and efficient implementation of the Aho-Corasick algorithm as a C library.
- A complete solution for multiple string search and replace
- Contains an efficient implementation of the well-known Aho-Corasick algorithm
- Written in beloved C language
- Licensed LGPLv3
There are dozens of open-source string processor tools like sed, awk and grep. Besides, there are ubiquitous regular-expression libraries which are very well capable of doing multiple string search. So, what is the necessity of having another means? Here we give you some reasons:
- MultiFast has the unique feature of mass string substitution which is carried out efficiently in one pass and specialized for different replacement mode. It is far faster than any other known tools in open-source community.
- It provides very flexible API which allows programmers to determine exactly what subset of strings occurred in the found match and can also break the search whenever needed. It makes it suitable to work as a part of any stream manipulation solution.
- It has minimum dependency and can be ported to any environment or integrated with any minimal SDK.
The project is also available on the project's SVN repository. For more detail see the Code Page of the project on the Sourceforge page.
To download MultiFast go to the Sourceforge Page of the project.